We’re excited you’ve chosen The Concordia MBA as the place to take your career to the next level.
The links below will give you all the information you need to begin your application. If you have questions along the way, please contact an MBA admissions counselor.
Candidates for the MBA should submit a complete application package by the final deadline. Candidates who complete the application package will receive an admissions decision within two weeks of the deadline date.
- Spring - December 1, 2015
- Spring - November 1, 2015 - International Applicants
Concordia selects students who present the most competitive applications and who we consider most likely to be successful, contributing members of the Concordia community and to graduate. To reach admission decisions, Concordia evaluates all candidates in a comprehensive way using this criteria. We encourage applicants with diverse undergraduate degrees and work experience. You will receive notification of your admission within 10 business days once Concordia has received all required application documents.
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from the undergraduate degree granting institution or, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from the master’s degree granting institution if the applicant has an earned master’s degree. (Applicants with graduate level coursework must submit graduate transcripts showing all graduate level coursework attempted). Applicants to the MBA program who have lower than a 2.75 GPA are also required to submit a personal essay along with the other application materials.
- A one to two page summary of your professional work experience using the MBA Professional Work Experience Guidelines (PDF) (see an example (PDF)). A professional looking resume should include positions held in reverse chronological date order with the latest or current position held listed first. Professional work experience refers to 3-5 years of experience working for organizations within a chosen profession (s) based on qualifications. Candidates with less than 3-5 years of professional work experience must show significant leadership roles in college, internships, or community volunteerism in both the professional work history and the essay.
- When deemed necessary, additional information including an interview may be required.
*Applicants must have the transcript sent to Concordia directly from the institution of record on or before orientation. A student-delivered transcript will not be accepted as an official transcript, unless it is received in the original sealed envelope and appropriately stamped by the institution of record as "Issued to student in a sealed envelope."
Prerequisite knowledge includes an understanding and basic skills in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, marketing, management, and business law. If you do not have a strong undergraduate background in business, please don’t let that stop you from applying. Candidates who are non-business undergraduate majors, or choose to apply to the program with a GPA below the minimum 2.75, are required to submit assessment scores in Math and Statistics as part of the application package. Details about how to take the assessment from IVY Software can be found here.
Students who are conditionally admitted to the program because of a non-business undergraduate major or a GPA below the minimum 2.75 will be required to complete a prerequisite module in Math and Statistics and a post-assessment with a passing score of 70% or higher, within six weeks from the start of class. Details about the module and post-assessment can be found here.
Transfer credits are not accepted for the MBA program. This is a cohort-based interdisciplinary program so it is essential that all students participate in every course.
- Complete and submit the online application, along with the $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from the college or university where you earned your baccalaureate or master's degree. Our Admission Policy requires that you have the official transcript from your degree granting institution sent directly to the University (see official address below). An official transcript is a transcript that is received in a sealed envelope stamped by the institution of record as Official. International students or graduate students with an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution seeking admission into Concordia University Texas must demonstrate English Proficiency.
There are three ways to get your transcripts to Concordia:
A student delivered transcript will only be accepted as an official transcript if it is received in the original sealed envelope and stamped by the institution of records as Issued to the Student in a Sealed Envelope.
Concordia also accepts transcripts electronically:
To the Center in which you plan to take classes.
- Submit your professional work experience summary. It is highly recommended that candidates for the MBA program submit a professional admissions package following the guidelines given below. Review the MBA Graduate Admissions Committee Evaluation Rubric (PDF) for the criteria on which your MBA application package will be evaluated.
- If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, complete the online federal application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Concordia University Texas school code is: 003557.
- Additional materials are required if you:
a. have an undergraduate degree from a University outside the US,
b. are applying for reduced tuition for full time employees of 501(c)3 organizations (PDF)
c. are completing your undergraduate degree the same semester you are applying to the MBA (PDF).
- MBA Essay Guidelines (PDF)
- MBA Professional Work Experience Guide (PDF)
- MBA Professional Work Experience Example (PDF)
- MBA Graduate Admissions Committee Evaluation Rubric (PDF) (For Essay and Professional Work Experience)
Where to Send
Please send ALL Admissions Documents to:
Austin & Online Applicants
San Antonio Applicants
|Office of Admissions Processing
Concordia University Texas
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, TX 78726
|Concordia University Texas
San Antonio Center
8626 Tesoro Drive, Ste. 112
San Antonio, TX 78217
The MBA program is 36 semester hours and graduate tuition is $710 per credit hour for the evening MBA program and $600 per credit hour for the online MBA program.
Check out our list of frequently asked questions about the Concordia MBA.